Unravel is a small and mighty, virtual, digital marketing agency in Reno, NV. We are currently looking for a new Web Developer who is able to self-initiate, take direction on the fly, think creatively and be a team player.
You will work independently on many projects but also work with other team members to deliver solutions to our clients. We expect our developers to practice independent judgment and discretion.
You will be responsible for the creation of high-quality websites – active on desktops and mobile devices – using WordPress and Joomla. Many of our websites are built with various systems such as E-commerce, Content Management Systems and more.
Your components should be modular, reusable and well documented to the benefit of the greater team. You will experiment with emerging technologies and discuss their merits with fellow team members.
- Developing within Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress & Joomla
- Solving complex problems in simple ways
- Resolving bugs and addressing client issues when they arise, in a fast-paced environment
- Prioritizing your work, and juggling current projects with incoming tasks
- Responding to your team members and clients courteously and clearly
- Performing cross-browser testing and remediation for front-end and server-side performance with a focus on visual quality control and holistic performance
- Deploying changes to live servers
- Assisting in the maintenance of client sites
- Evaluating design deliverables for build feasibility and providing constructive feedback to internal, client-side, and third-party designers and account manager
- Basic knowledge of SEO
Required Skills and Experience
- At least two years of experience with front-end engineering, web development, web engineering, or a similar field
- Demonstrated WordPress and/or Joomla experience is a huge plus, but any system oriented around content management will do
- Ability to set up a local environment for testing PHP code is a plus!
- Proficiency in verbal and written English
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS (Sass) including cross-browser compatibility and accessibility implications
- Proven ability to transform a static design into a website from the ground up
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an “always-learning” person, excited to create great web experiences
Desired/Additional Skills and Experience
- A demonstrated history of success within the discipline of web development
- Experience working for complex or enterprise-level client organizations
- Experience with Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
We’re looking to add additional web designers and developers to our team. If interested, please send a resume and portfolio examples of your best work to be considered. Senior and entry-level designers will be considered.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.